A Clear vision for 2041
The Economic Development Strategy sets out a clear pathway to build the local Wollondilly economy and create thousands of local jobs over coming years. With the Wollondilly Shire now one of the fastest growing local government areas in New South Wales, expected to reach almost 100,000 people by 2041, the goal of the strategy is to support specific growth opportunities and create 15,000 jobs for local residents.
- Wollondilly has a goal of 15,000 new jobs across the region by 2041 to lower the rate of residents having to leave the Shire for work, build better lives for our residents and boost our local economy
- Wollondilly's close proximity to Sydney and the new Western Sydney Airport, our amazing natural environment, unique towns and villages and existing agricultural production give us a competitive advantage for the future
- The new Western Sydney Airport and Aerotropolis, the Agribusiness Precinct, the proposed M9 Corridor, Western Sydney City Deal are all game changing projects for the region
- There is expected unique industry growth opportunities in areas such as agri-business, tourism, healthcare, industry and professional services
- The next 20 years will be pivotal in the history of Wollondilly and Council has a crucial role to play to make sure that the future is bright for residents, businesses and visitors