Indigenous Business Opportunities
Throughout Reconciliation Week 2022, the ATO are delivering tailored support programs to Indigenous Small Business owners across Australia.
From 27 May to 3 June 2022 there will be a number of webinars covering topics such as tax deductions, cash flow, starting a home based business and more.
Business owners also have the opportunity to get in touch with 'Reach Out', the Indigenous business support program that works with Indigenous small businesses to help them meet their tax and superannuation obligations. The program is one of several Australian Government initiatives introduced to increase the economic participation of Indigenous Australians by helping them build sustainable businesses that will support themselves, families and communities.
- May 27 (10.30am) Running a home-based business
- May 27 (2.00pm) Introduction to business records
- May 30 (10.00am) Starting a small business
- May 30 (1.00pm) Claiming small business tax deduction
- May 30 (3.00pm) Introduction to GST
- May 31 (10.00am) COWATO - Sole Trader
- May 31 (12.30pm) Connecting online with the ATO
- May 31 (3.30pm) Budgeting for your commitments
- June 1 (10.00am) Cash flow for small business success
- June 1 (12.00pm) Digital options for your SB
- June 1 (2.30pm) Strategies for improving your cash flow
- June 2 (10.00am) Employer - hiring workers
- June 2 (12.30pm) Employer STP
- June 2 (3.00pm) Employer - paying workers
- June 3 (10.00am) Considering your small business viability
- June 3 (2.00pm) Closing your small business